As a distributing company specializing in premier beer and beverages across Texas, Mississippi, and Kentucky, Standard Sales Company, L.P. is one of the most successful organizations in sales and marketing in the wholesale industry. We stand by our company mission statement, “Through the utilization of the Commitment To Excellence (CTE) principles; work as a team to increase sales, market share, and profitability, thereby ensuring the continued growth and prosperity of Standard Sales Company, L.P. and its employees.”
Come join our team!
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Laborer
SUMMARY: Responsible for sorting and repacking beverage products that the Company distributes to create whole packs or cases. Construct requested sales orders by accurately loading required packages onto carts, pallets and skids in preparation for delivery to retail accounts.
- Inspect products for misprints, dings, dents, defective seals, damage or leakage.
- Sort product on pallets by undamaged and damaged product.
- Hand-wrap full undamaged pallets of product.
- Replace damaged or leaking cartons with good cartons, or defective cans or bottles with good product to create full cases.
- Hand stack undamaged variety packs on pallets in designated pattern.
- Perform modular pallet build based on pallet pattern diagram.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
· End of shift pick up and disposal of trash and debris from the warehouse floor
· Follow company policies and procedures in regards to product freshness and rotation
- Attend team and branch meetings as required
- Keep breakage room clean and organized
- Maintain and service forklift batteries
- Safe operations of forklifts and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to accurately count and multiply
- Maintain OSHA Certification for electric jacks and fork trucks
- Perform all other duties as assigned
· Time management skills
· Maintain strict product quality and freshness standards
· Organizational skills
· Team oriented
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel software and able to 10 key by touch
- Use of other Microsoft office applications, (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- OSHA Forklift certification with experience operating forklifts and warehouse equipment
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
· Pick line operations experience
· Product rotation experience
· Maintenance of grounds experience
· Ability to withstand long hours of standing and physical activity
- Past experience in wholesale beer distribution management and/or brewer/supplier operations
- A team player with the ability to communicate openly and effectively
· Product rotation experience
- Facility Maintenance experience
· Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs.
· Hang merchandise as needed
· Repetitive lifting, up to 50 lbs. overhead
· Bending, pulling/pushing up to 340 pounds on a two-wheeler
· Ability to continuously stand or walk
· Ability to bend and occasionally squat
· Occasional carrying and reaching
· Medical, dental, vision coverage in addition to life and disability insurance
· Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
· Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan