Outbound Associate IV - Pickers
This position is responsible for supporting outbound operations through the picking, verifying, packing, queue management and shipping of orders according to the customer specifications and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that items are properly packed and labeled
- Make sure that items are loaded onto shipment vehicle in a safe and timely manner
- Reads and interprets a variety of stage plans, pick lists and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) or WI’s (Work Instructions)
- Operation of material handling equipment (RF devices, label machines, weight scales, & some Powered Equipment such as forklift, picker or pallet jacks, etc.)
- Utilizes RF device to pick material and transfers material to staging areas
- Conducts quality inspection of correct part number and quantity. Follows procedures to ensure accurate transfers, transactions and labeling
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation on Loads are correct
- Responsible for a clean and safe work area
- Inspect material handling equipment, structures, or materials to identify problems or defects
- Mark and/or tag containers with identifying information
- Responsible for returning overages brought to shipping.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs or management’s request
Education - High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or six + years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Ability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction, general office skills required. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Must be able to recognize similarities and difference between words and a series of numbers.