POSITION: Residential Driver
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Created: February 15, 2015
Reports To: Route Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. Oversees work of helpers assisting on assigned route; performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned. Work is performed under supervision and performance is reviewed while in progress and upon completion through direct observation of routes, and discussion of problems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
- At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
- See in the normal visual range with or without correction
- Exhibit normal range of body motion
- Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
- Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Maintain written records and service responses.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 800 and 1000 times a day
- Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 800 and 1000 times a day
- Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 800 and 1000 times a day
- Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 800 and 1000 times a day
- Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions? (heat, cold, rain and snow)
- Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.