- Procures materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with purchasing products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for establishment.
- Obtains quotes & delivery schedules and negotiate terms and conditions for material and services required for production. Monitor performance and capabilities of suppliers to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality, and price commitments.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and PTD Design and Quality Engineering to achieve cost reductions through design changes, material selection, and manufacturing processes.
- Analyzes and communicates specifications and market conditions to determine best source for procurement of HICO supplies and parts through domestic or international vendors and suppliers.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Works with manufacturers & vendors to undertake the manufacturing of custom-designed items according to the company’s specific needs and specifications.
- Maintains optimal inventory of domestic and imported production materials, i.e., bill of materials items, small materials, electrical and mechanical parts and components, expense items, fixed assets to support continuous production operations.
- Reads technical diagrams and specifications to aid in development of technical solutions and expedited deliveries.
- Maintain records of supplier delivery, price, and responsiveness performance. Work with suppliers to drive ongoing improvements to these primary metrics and analyze and report results..
- Furthers the goals and positive, professional image of the Purchasing Department by conducting business with other HICO departments, suppliers, etc. in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Knows HICO’s Quality, Safety & Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss their importance and how they impact work.