Project Manager Operations and Engineering
Plan, manage and maintain all project information for major capital projects related to the facility. Identify accurate project delivery dates, milestones, budgets, forecasts and evaluate feasibility, quality, performance and risks. Evaluate capacity, establish realistic schedules and insure customer commitments are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop, manage and maintain the capital project from Purchase Order to Completion. Plan and schedule project sequence of events, identify project milestones, develop and monitor project budgets, and maintain schedule(s) as the capital project point person.
- Work with all department personnel and internal customers to develop critical project milestones required for successful execution of defined project.
- Coordinate with the manufacturing control function in support of manufacturing planning, scheduling and manufacturing technician training. Create and manage information flow and production schedules to meet planning and delivery requirements for on-time customer product shipment.
- Collaborate with Management, Engineering and Operations to integrate schedule data and costs for each department into the customer project schedule as necessary. Monitor and advise critical path using advanced scheduling software.
- Train and support users, when appropriate, on all aspects of the scheduling software to include What-if scenarios and Business Planning.
- Track and monitor all critical dates while maintaining positive relationships with all internal customers.
- Report on active projects in weekly team meetings and develop project materials as required.
- Develop and implement improvement projects for both immediate and long-range strategic issues involving process control, equipment, capacity and productivity targeting quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Prepare, oversee and report results as required for the Operations department capital budgets.
- Prepare and present reports, briefings and updates concerning the master schedule and project status to, management and other relevant project participants on a regular basis.
- Utilize scheduling software by working with key department personnel to monitor and evaluate project schedule status towards milestones, key events and significant accomplishment criteria required for customer commitments.
- Communicate schedule and project deviations to stakeholders and collaborate with key personnel to identify and implement solutions.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the company by conducting business with other departments and outside contacts in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Know the company’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT
DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.