Associate Winder - Manufacturing
High school education or equivalent, plus two years’ experience, or equivalent education, training and experience.
• Developed mechanical or technical skills.
• Experience using various hand and power tools.
• Must be able to read manufacturing drawings/specifications, prints or work instructions.
• Developed math and practical geometry skills.
• Basic computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products and understanding of computer applications.
• Knowledge and use of basic industrial measuring tools
~~• Set up and operate various machines and equipment relating to the winding of conductor coils including but not limited to the vertical and horizontal winding machines and mandrels.
• Manufacture of layer type, helical type, and disc type coils.
• Connect, solder, clean and braze conductor according to specifications.
• Inspect, verify, and document quality criteria during manufacturing to ensure that units meet exact specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
• Read prints, bills of material, specifications and work instructions to determine proper materials for processing, assembly and installation.
• Safely move, handle and store materials without damaging items.
• Follow and adhere to standard work procedures, sequence of operations and consistently meet manufacturing standards for quality and productivity.
• Perform TPM and preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and machines.
• Practice 6S and adhere to all safety rules, guidelines and safe working practices.
• Safely operate material handling and lifting equipment such as overhead cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, motorized scissors lifts and work platforms as required.
• Assist in training of new employees including improving individual skills as well as assisting in the development of training materials.
• Actively assist in troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions.
• Assist other manufacturing areas as needed.
• Support and assist the Manufacturing Supervisor or Manufacturing Manager as needed.
• Understand and work under the direction of the appropriate Hyosung HICO policy and/or procedure.
• Know Hyosung HICO’s Quality and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.