THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Perform manufacturing tasks such as loading and unloading of machinery and operation of non-CNC equipment or not coil winding related, including but not limited to gluing and clamping machines, painting and coating equipment, test and measurement equipment and oil filling equipment
- Assemble and disassemble parts or units; position, align, and fasten assemblies to final product, subassemblies, or frames using hand tools and power hand tools per product specifications or as directed.
- Measure and adjust parts using measuring instruments such as scales, calipers and micrometers.
- Inspect, verify, and document quality criteria during manufacturing to ensure that units meet exact specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Connect, crimp, solder and braze internal leads and product wiring according to specifications using electrical and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools and electric/ gas torch brazing.
- Wrap, tape or insulate leads and wires according to work instructions.
- Perform basic electrical tests to confirm proper wiring and insulation per specification.
- Follow prints, bills of material, specifications and work instructions to determine proper component parts for processing, assembly and installation.
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to package units for shipping.
- Fabricate wooden parts, fixtures and packaging for delivery of units to customer.
- Operate proper equipment to perform vacuuming, oil filling, and recovery correctly and safely.
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies as required.
- Safely move, handle and store materials without damaging items.
- Follow and comply with standard work procedures and sequence of operations to consistently meet manufacturing standards for safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
- Perform TPM tasks as directed for each job or area.
- Practice 6S and comply with all safety rules, guidelines and safe working practices.
- Safely operate material handling and lifting equipment such as overhead cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, motorized scissor lifts and work platforms.
- Assist other manufacturing areas as needed.
- Support and assist the Manufacturing Supervisor or Manufacturing Manager as needed.
- Understand and work under the direction of the appropriate Hyosung HICO policy and/or procedure.
- Know Hyosung HICO’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS OF THE WORKPLACE:
- Ability to safely and correctly use hand and power tools and measurement devices.
- Ability to work at elevated heights and climb stairs.
- Ability to inspect work.
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions.
- Ability to judge the quality of work produced compared to established standards, drawings, and instructions.
- Ability to operate powered equipment, such as fork truck and overhead crane.
- Ability to work in normal indoor temperatures.
- Stand and walk minimum 6-8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, stretch, twist, crawl, kneel, and reach above the shoulders as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work in restricted spaces.
- Ability to climb and work up to 20 feet off the ground for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to perform repetitive movement.
- Ability to use all applicable PPE including but not limited to hard hat, safety toe shoes, safety glasses, and gloves.