POSITION TITLE: Steward / Dishwasher
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
Primarily Responsible for Operating and maintain cleaning equipment and tools. Also responsible for washing dishes, china ware, flatware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment's etc. Maintains the kitchen, dish washing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organised at all times.
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Assist the Cooks and Servers as and when necessary.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Dispose of waste as per the hotel and authority standards and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related serviceware following established procedures.
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dishwashers.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Check all chemical levels and inventory.
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner.
- If any breakages or chipped items found then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
- Clean, sanitize and close workstations.
- Uses and maintains all equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the chief steward / stewarding manager.
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by manager or chef on duty.
- Assist in serving food and beverages to the residents in the dining room.
- The Kitchen Steward, upon demonstrated job performance excellence, will be considered for numerous growth opportunities.
- Always Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The right candidate should have a positive attitude, Communicates effectively, work under pressure and Priorities and works efficiently with limited supervision.
High school or equivalent diploma.
Previous experience in similar role and Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene.
Click to apply Steward