Houseman or Porter
The ideal candidate per is responsible for ensuring rooms and other areas of a hotel are kept clean and free of clutter. The houseman will also be involved in keeping conference rooms, lobby, hallways, and the carpets found in the public areas clean. It may also involve cleaning the furniture and windows. The role of the houseman in the operation of a hotel also entails observing the condition of the area they are cleaning to be sure everything is is up Hilton standard, including the light bulbs. He/she should also look out for items the guest may have left behind and take it to the lost and found desk where it will be returned to the owner. Have strong ability to pull and push work-related equipment, such as a loaded housekeeping cart over uneven and sloping surfaces. Ability to bend, twist, stoop, and pull sit, stand, walk, or kneel for a long period of time. Ability to work independently without direct supervision. Possess high school diploma or its equivalent educational level. 2 years minimum experience preferred but not required.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel according to property specific and System Standards.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, signage, and entrance.
- Assist with Breakfast food prep and cleaning of Breakfast area.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators.
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area, including the employee break room, executive offices, the hotel laundry room, and the employee restroom.
- Deliver items to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools.
- Report maintenance problems to the appropriate person.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisor
- Keep uniform clean and make sure to appear professional always
- Keep proprietary information confidential
- Ensure company standards are followed in welcoming and acknowledging all guests
- Expect service needs of guests and provide them even before called upon to do so
Click here to apply Houseman