Click HERE to apply!
Join us as a Maintenance Supervisor to make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®. Our outstanding products elevate people’s lives everywhere, every day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will contribute to the overall success of the facility by supervising the maintenance and upkeep of the Company's equipment, building(s), and grounds, in a manner that minimizes interruptions to the operation. You will be responsible for planning, direction, and implementation of safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
Maintenance Supervisor Key Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operations of the Maintenance Department ensuring all organizational and departmental goals are met
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance service
- Performs preventive maintenance to prevent unnecessary expense and untimely failure, as needed
- Coordinates, installs, inspects repairs, and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other related systems
- Monitors the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment
- Maintains accountability for all assigned budget lines and capital expenditures
- Maintains safety files and records
- Assists, advises, and consults with all team members, as needed
- Consults with vendors and security services to ensure satisfactory service levels and fair pricing
- Makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance related problems
- Plans, writes, and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Plans, develops, and implements programs to train managers and associates at the work site on safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals toxins, equipment, and other procedures
- Inspects facility to detect hazards
- Supervises the associates assigned to the Maintenance Department
- Interviews, hires, and trains associates
- Prepares work schedules, assigns duties, and directs work
- Evaluates quality of work, conducts performance appraisals, and counsels associates
- Addresses and resolves problems with associates
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements for Consideration:
- High school diploma and related experience equivalent to specialized or technical training
- Management skills such as; organizational skills, presentation skills, excellent project skills, good multitasking skills, excellent team work skills, excellent time management skills
- Knowledge in MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Bar code scanning experience and processing shipping documents
- Comprehensive knowledge of building and fire, as well as, OSHA codes and regulations
- Knowledge of facility maintenance schedules and upkeep
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and move with stooping, bending, walking long distance
- Ability to stock and organize products safely and accordingly, as some items are fragile
- Ability to help with process/logistics improvement efforts
- Ability to withstand warehouse settings (varying temperatures)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.