Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. (AWG) is the nation's largest cooperative food wholesaler to independently owned supermarkets, serving over 3,800 locations in more than half of the states in the country from ten distribution centers. In addition to its' cooperative wholesale operations, the company also operates subsidiary companies which provide real estate and supermarket development services, retail accounting, digital marketing services, and is a wholesale supply provider of health and beauty care, general merchandise, specialty/international foods and pharmaceutical supply. If you have a passion for retail, the drive to succeed in a fast-paced industry, we can't wait for you to join the team! Make us your Best Choice!
Supervise warehouse maintenance employees in an effort to assure complete maintenance and proper repair of all facility and material handling equipment in a cost-efficient manner.
This position supports AWG's mission to remain firmly committed to our long-established mission statement:
"Our mission is to ensure the success of our member retailers and provide opportunities to our employees. This will be accomplished by satisfying the customers', and our member retailers', need for quality supermarket merchandise and superior support services. We will do this with high-quality employees whose mission is to provide the lowest possible cost of goods in order to ensure our members' profitability, competitiveness, and continued growth."
The individual must have the ability to perform the responsibilities listed below. The list is not all inclusive of duties that may be requested by the department head or a member of upper management but are intended for an understanding of the purpose of the position. It is the responsibility of each individual at AWG to provide ultimate customer service to our members to support their efforts in increasing same-store sales and profits.
- Assign jobs for the workforce and manage assigned facility projects. Perform maintenance as required on assigned jobs.
- Monitor hourly employee's conduct, quality of work performed, and production rate of employees. Administer correct action as necessary to achieve required results.
- Maintain proper records on services and preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate with warehouse regarding equipment utilization.
- Provide training or assist in troubleshooting as needed by employees.
- Provide suggestions and report issues and concerns to the facility maintenance manager.
- Be on call to handle urgent maintenance issues.
- Enforcement and education of company safety, sanitation, security and standards of operation.
- Responsible for seeing that state, federal and AWG safety, sanitation, and governmental policies, laws, and regulations are maintained and adhered to.
- Work as a member of the AWG team so the total job responsibilities are met. Actions must always stress a sense of cooperation, integrity, tact, and consideration with our members, associates, and division management.
- This position requires strong communication and computer skills with the ability to use and learn new technology. The Flawless Execution method will be utilized in all planning and communication. Management will be kept informed on planning, analysis, work performed and results. All records required by management must be complete, accurate and submitted on time.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be considered according to the ADA if it would not impose an undue hardship on the operations of the business without significant difficulty or expense. The reasonable accommodation would permit a qualified employee the ability to perform all essential functions of the job within the safety and contractual guidelines of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Degree or equivalent; or two to three years of supervisory experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must include ammonia refrigeration maintenance.