Fabric Manufacturing Lead
The National Fabric Manufacturing Inventory Lead (NFML) assists the senior manufacturing lead person to ensure that the Fabric Manufacturing, maintenance, inventory and fulfillment Teams follows processes and procedures. The (NFML) will assist in the training and monitoring of the fabric employees to ensure that the department adheres to Industry Best Practices while producing a high quality and accurate product. The (NFML) will promote the Mahaffey Fundamentals and Processes, while ensuring a safe operating environment for our Associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise fabric manufacturing staff.
- Coach and mentor team members in the areas of productivity, quality, safety and Mahaffey Core Fundamentals.
- Lead day-to-day activities of the manufacturing employees. Assign work, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Provide technical guidance on specific fabric jobs requiring customization.
- Provide input into the performance of the manufacturing associates.
- Adhering to all Job Delivery Dates according to the POR Report “Day at a Glance”
- Ensure manufacturing accuracy (Using the two-step checking method) and established Mahaffey processes and procedures.
- Ensure that facility equipment is properly maintained.
- Safety and Sanitation of the Manufacturing Facility
- Other Duties and Responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- Prior fabric fabrication experience a must.
- Must be able to lift approximately 100 lbs.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Basic Computer Skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Must stand for a long period of time. Work will be indoors and outdoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and management. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions.