Join us as Senior Industrial Engineer at our Distribution Center in Olive Branch, MS. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, and Drybar. Our outstanding products elevate people’s lives everywhere, every day.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Senior Industrial Engineer will develop and maintain systems for defining standards and increasing productivity through the management of people, utilization of facilities, implementation and research of technology. Will solve organizational, operational and related problems efficiently, devise innovative ideas and concepts. Will utilize six sigma tools and methodologies to reduce waste and improve quality throughout the operation. Will also help to reduce cost wherever necessary to ensure that orders and finished goods are processed on time and are of good quality, meeting all customer service requirements.
What you'll be doing
- Evaluate and improve operational costs within the Distribution Center
- Work performance evaluations to assist with process development and labor standards for multiple functions within the distribution center(s)
- Statistical analysis and reporting on different operations and development of dashboards
- General methods and procedures improvement analysis with high emphasis on Lean Production and continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with operational and financial forecasting, staffing requirements, analyzing productivity trends, capital expenditures and justifications, etc.
- Develop and manage project plans and milestones for various fulfillment related projects – client requests, capacity enhancements, automation testing and implementations, hardware/software changes, etc.
- Analyze data from potential new fulfillment clients to create costing estimates used to structure new client agreements. Manage and assist with new client launches
- Support the design of storage and processing areas, develop new workflows and procedures, work closely with vendors to procure equipment, and manage any required build-out or construction within the facility
- Manage and assist new facility launches
- Support overall facility design exercises, manage new system and equipment installations, ensure safe and cost-efficient procedures are followed throughout the project duration
- Work with the Warehouse Management (WMS) team to develop the optimal system design and configuration for the operations team
- Perform detailed studies on new clients to compare productivity, accuracy, and overall performance to new client business models
- Develop and manage complex databases utilized to make intelligent business decisions
- Assist with recruiting, training, and ongoing development of Engineering interns
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a relevant field. Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required
- Demonstrate the ability to develop 2-D layout renderings utilizing AutoCAD
- Understand high level processes within the various departments throughout Operations
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying process improvements
- Understand Line Balancing techniques to reduce work in process
- Proficient in managing projects, including budget and RIO calculations
- Ability to communicate ideas at all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, and AutoCAD
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000. #LI-DNP
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.