Customer Service Representative
POSITION: Customer Service Representative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Created: February 13, 2014
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Customer Service Representative receives and processes calls from customers, serves as the end-to-end point of contact for customers, and resolves customer issues. Collaborates with a team of customer service representatives to meet overall call center objectives and enhance the customer service function to exceed our customers' expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers incoming calls.
- Assists existing commercial and residential customers in resolving issues.
- Provides service quotes for new customers.
- Establishes customer accounts by negotiating and documenting service type, pricing, billing, and other required information. Communicates concise and accurate information.
- Provides customer retention by providing high level customer service and offering alternatives to cancellation request.
- Averages answering approximately 100 inbound calls per day .
- Averages answering calls in fewer than 12 seconds.
- Establishes understanding of customer needs, issues, and requests.
- Identifies opportunities to cross sell additional products and services. (Lock bars, casters, gate fees, etc.)
- Interacts with customers and Waste Pro employees to determine service, resolve complaints, and escalates the more complex issues to the appropriate level.
- Serves as the customer's advocate by solving problems on the customer's behalf and by engaging the right department and people within Waste Pro.
- Supports other service lines when required.
- Uses Tower system to gather information, provides information, and/or update customer records.
- Completes cross training with other departments to include Operations, Sales, and Billing.
- Strives to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for the call center to include productivity, quality, and timeliness.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ability to handle a heavy volume of calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and strong typing Skills,
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to Prioritize and plan work activities
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team to ensure exceeding the call center's standards.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and help build a positive team environment.
- Ability to adapt and deal with frequent changes in the work environment, manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to service.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.)- most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in tasks that involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight handling objects less than 25 pounds- rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.