Accounting Assistant/ Bookkeeper - Full-time
- We are seeking an individual who is very personable, detail-oriented, organized and motivated.
- We are seeking a great communicator, problem-solver and quick learner.
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online (Contractor Accounting a plus).
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deal effectively with problems or conflicts.
- Dedicated to developing great relationships with small business owners, their staffs and other professionals.
- Positive, confident and friendly personality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and HubSpot CRM Software.
- This position is well-suited for an individual seeking a career in the accounting field as this will provide great exposure to accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, tax and compliance needs of small business owners.
- We offer a competitive salary and a great work environment. Any job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check and drug screening.
- Assist with processing client financial information.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and sales tax reports efficiently.
- Produce monthly financial statements for clients on a timely basis.
- Review and spot errors in P&L statements and make corrections.
- Maintain chart of accounts in a logical and consistent manner and recognize distinction between P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Process weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll and record payroll journal entries for those clients using other payroll platforms.
- Assist with onboarding new clients into QuickBooks and organizing permanent file documents in document management system.
- Perform weekly tasks for clients as requested.
- Prepare Annual Reports, Personal Property Tax Schedules and Annual Business Tax Filings as well as handle requests for Annual Workers Compensation and General Liability Audits.
- Set up vendors for 1099 processing and prepare or review 1099s prior to issuance at year-end.
- Work effectively with cloud-based systems.
- Maintain confidentiality and data security in all methods of communication.
- Any other duties that may be necessary.
Chaliff + Associates is a locally owned Small Business CPA firm with entrepreneurial CPAs and trusted advisors. Our management team has extensive leadership experience in a variety of industries and is extremely passionate about helping small business owners achieve their financial goals and objectives. At Chaliff + Associates, we value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences:
ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, and other factors. Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members can grow, develop and contribute to their fullest.
For consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.