Christmas Parade - 2020 (12/05) ** CANCELLED **
Unfortunately, due to the unpredicable nature of COVID-19 at this time, there will be no Christmas Parade this year.
Southaven Christmas Parade
* Parade of Lights *
Welcome to the 40th Annual Southaven Christmas Parade. Our goal is to have a safe, fun, and family-friendly parade. Thank you for joining us in making that goal a reality!
NEW THIS YEAR
- Vehicle entry limits
- Passenger-sized vehicle entry (with no float): limit two vehicles per organization ($25 per vehicle)
- Oversized vehicle entry (truck, wrecker, etc.): limit one vehicle per organization ($30)
- Parade entry numbers will be issued during parade lineup.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Our judges will be selecting one FLOAT as the Best in Show. The organization with the winning FLOAT will be featured in the 2021 Southaven Magazine ($1,200 value).
- Creative use of Christmas lights and decoration is REQUIRED for each entry. (Any float or vehicle entries without creative use of Christmas lights and decoration may be excluded from parade. No refunds will be issued.)
- Family-friendly Christmas music may be played by parade entries. All other music is prohibited.
- Gentle tossing of candy is allowed; please be mindful of children and spectators.
- Patriotic theme is allowed, but political messages are prohibited.
- Each parade entry will pause briefly for judges’ review. They will be seated across the street from Dale’s Restaurant. Music/dance performances will be given up to 45 seconds to perform in front of the judges’ stand.
- All parade entries must clearly display their entry’s name on the front passenger side of the entry so that it is clearly visible to the judges.
- NO SANTA OR MRS. CLAUS ON ANY FLOAT. Children may be confused and upset by multiple Santas.
- All participants must ride on a float. Exceptions: bands, marching and dance teams, and adult(s) handing out candy (please toss candy GENTLY at their feet).
- All parade entry vehicles must be in good repair, licensed and insured, and driven by a licensed driver. Please include licensed driver’s name and contact info on application.
- DROP OFFS: Float riders and walkers, it is best to come in groups. You may be dropped off by entering SouthPoint Church at the HWY 51 ENTRANCE. Watch for signs. There is no parking available at SouthPoint Church for the duration of the parade. Please make arrangements to drop off participants and then find parking elsewhere.
- IMPORTANT: All parade entries having children dropped off at the parade site MUST have a responsible ADULT leader present at the drop-off area at 4:30 PM.
- School Groups (sports/cheer teams, bands, etc.), check with your coach/director for drop-off instructions
- Vehicles pulling floats must be in good mechanical repair, road worthy, licensed and insured, and driven by a licensed driver.
- All floats must provide side barriers to keep children away from sides.
- All floats must display creative use of Christmas lights and decoration. Any floats not displaying creative use of Christmas lights and decoration will be excluded from the parade and no refunds will be issued.
- For spectator safety, floats are required to have an adult (18+) walking on each side (minimum 2 per float). Please, no children walking next to floats or vehicles in parade.
- All dance routines must be tasteful and family-friendly. Lewd, obscene, and vulgar movements are strictly prohibited.
- Dance teams may play family-friendly Christmas music only. All other music is prohibited.
- Dance teams must submit a video of all of the routines they will perform along the parade route. Please submit the video to the Southaven Chamber of Commerce in person or via Dropbox no later than November 25, 2020. Please call 662.342.6114, or email email@example.com if you need instructions. Failure to submit a video of the routines by 11/25/2019 will disqualify the team from participating in the parade.
TRUCKS AND OTHER OVERSIZED VEHICLES
- LIMIT ONE OVERSIZED VEHICLE PER ORGANIZATION.
- For spectator safety, all oversized vehicles are required to have an adult (18+) walking on each side (minimum 2 per vehicle). Please, no children walking next to floats or vehicles in parade.
WINNERSAfter the parade, once all scoring has been tallied, winners will be notified by the Southaven Chamber of Commerce.
For additional information, please contact Southaven Chamber of Commerce at 662.342.6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.