Warehouse Maintenance Shop Mechanic
SUMMARY: In assigned area of shop and warehouse, general repair and maintenance responsibility to insure the production requirements for the facility are met. Travel throughout the facility either by foot or riding an electric operated pallet jack or tugger unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The individual must have the ability to perform the responsibilities listed below. The list is not all inclusive of duties that may be requested by the department head or a member of upper management but are intended for an understanding of the purpose of the position. It is the responsibility of each individual at AWG to provide ultimate customer service to our members to support their efforts in increasing same store sales and profits.
- Perform equipment maintenance projects as assigned. Required skill:
- Knowledge and experience in all phases electrical from 24 volt to 480 volt.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of electric industrial trucks.
- General knowledge in hand tools.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of batteries and chargers.
- Knowledge of general OSHA safety rules.
- Able to comprehend and write out work orders.
- General welding and cutting skills.
- Knowledge of wear to parts for preventive maintenance.
- Must own tools.
- Work as a member of the AWG team so the total job responsibilities are met. Actions must always stress a sense of cooperation, integrity, tact and consideration with our members, associates and division management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation will be considered according to the ADA if it would not impose an undue hardship on the operations of the business without significant difficulty or expense. The accommodation would permit a qualified employee the ability to perform all essential functions of the job within the safety and company guidelines of the position.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma preferred; minimum of 2 years industrial mobile equipment maintenance experience required as defined in this job description..