Facility Maintenance Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for cost efficient maintenance of material handling equipment, buildings, and facility grounds maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The individual must have the ability to perform the responsibilities listed below. The list is not all inclusive of duties that may be requested by the department head or a member of upper management but are intended for an understanding of the purpose of the position. It is the responsibility of each individual at AWG to provide ultimate customer service to our members to support their efforts in increasing same store sales and profits.
- Manage all facility maintenance programs insuring equipment, building and grounds, ammonia refrigeration system, are all maintained in safe and efficient operating condition and is in complete compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Monitor purchases, payment and inventory control of all parts and supplies, consulting with the Corporate purchasing employees when appropriate and as required by policy.
- Participate in the annual projection of the operating budgets and monitor said budgets to assure compliance. Advise the Director of variances.
- Manage the Process Safety Management Program.
- Monitor and evaluate facility energy systems to reduce overall energy usage and minimize utility expense.
- Select and train all maintenance personnel. Evaluate and appraise performance of all subordinates.
- Enforcement and education of company safety, sanitation, security and standards of operation.
- Responsible for seeing that state, federal and AWG safety, sanitation, and governmental policies, laws and regulations are maintained and adhered to.
- Work as a member of the AWG team so the total job responsibilities are met. Actions must always stress a sense of cooperation, integrity, tact and consideration with our members, associates and division management.
- This position requires strong communication and computer skills with the ability to use and learn new technology. Management will be kept informed on planning, analysis, work performed and results. All records required by management must be complete, accurate and submitted on time.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation may be considered according to the ADA if it would not impose an undue hardship on the operations of the business without significant difficulty or expense. The reasonable accommodation would permit a qualified employee the ability to perform all essential functions of the job within the safety and contractual guidelines of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Degree or equivalent; or two to three years of supervisory experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must include ammonia refrigeration maintenance.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver's License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.