Diversified Conveyors International, LLC
Our MissionDiversified Conveyors exists to serve our material handling customers with excellence, to contribute to our communities, and to operate as an example of Christian principles.
The NeedBy God’s grace, Diversified Conveyors has built a solid name in the material handling industry by being quick to respond to our client’s needs, value minded, and focused on Kingdom impact. This, combined with operating in an expanding market, has put Diversified Conveyors on a growth trajectory that requires a strong team capable of capitalizing on the opportunities available. The dynamic nature of our current environment is also, in a very healthy way, helping us take the necessary steps toward building capacity and better alignment across all areas of our business.
Success for this position and the Company is ultimately grounded in delivering successful projects for our clients. A successful project is defined by the following five essential criteria:
1. Safety–Injury free work environments
2. Timeliness–Meeting or exceeding customer deadlines
3. Execution– Efficient and effective startups
4. Quality – Built according to specifications (or better)
5. Profitability – At or under budget
The Technical Writer will write standard operating procedures, instruction manuals, and other documents in a way that will communicate complex, technical information in nontechnical language. The Technical Writer will also develop, gather, and communicate technical information among customers, designers, engineers, project managers, and manufacturers.
Specific Responsibilities1. Support the efforts of DCI to build capacity via clear and concise workflows and standard operating procedures
2. Help ensure that client submittals are timely and accurate.
3. Write technical documents to accurately confer important and proprietary information
4. Gather and research information for use in technical documentation
5. Help with narrative components of client proposals and bids
6. Assist in layout work
7. Write, modify, edit, and publish technical materials, such as articles, equipment, manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance-instructions, in a language that can be understood by staff at all levels.
8. Demonstrate ability to lead, grow, and work with others
9. Demonstrate an attitude of providing excellent internal and external customer service with all clients
10. Interact with upper management, engineers, project managers, and customers to provide technical narratives and documentation when needed.
11. Create and edit presentation/slides, etc. for business development and the senior leadership team.
12. Any other tasks required to assist in ensuring successful departments and projects.
Education, Skills, and ExperienceAssociate or Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum 3 years experience in the field of engineering Proficiency in the following software:
MS Office Suite Microsoft Project
AutoCAD (3D experience preferred) Adobe or equivalent
Ability to understand the technical aspects of written work
Exceptional ability to observe technical processes and relay the information in a concise and effective way Exceptional written and oral communication skills to include grammar, spelling, and proofreading.
Superior administrative capacity to manage multiple priorities from a variety of different internal and external clients with minimal oversight
Excellent interpersonal skills with proven teamwork, participation, and a heart to serve Skilled in database management and recordkeeping
Able to gather and analyze information skillfully
Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner Dedicated to handling confidential work in a sensitive manner
Critical QualitiesProactive; able to lead others across departments. Highly motivated.
Precise, efficient, organized, and able to meet deadlines. Ability to work well with a variety of different project leaders.
A commitment to grow and mature in the mission, vision, and core values of the Company. A friendly, professional, optimistic demeanor.
Composure under pressure; flexibility.
Position InformationFull-Time position; salary with benefits.
Work Schedule: 45 hours per week minimum; nights and weekends as required to meet deadlines. Based out of the Memphis, TN office and will report to the Director of Engineering.
To ApplyPlease email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A position-specific cover letter that includes where you learned of this position and describes what motivates or impacts your interest in this position
- A resume that includes all employment experience and pay history