Diversified Conveyors International, LLC
Diversified Conveyors exists to serve our material handling customers with excellence, to contribute to our communities, and to operate as an example of Christian principles.
The NeedBy God’s grace, Diversified Conveyors has built a solid name in the material handling industry by being quick to respond to our client’s needs, value minded, and focused on Kingdom impact. This, combined with operating in an expanding market, has put Diversified Conveyors on a growth trajectory that requires a strong team capable of capitalizing on the opportunities available. The dynamic nature of our current environment is also, in a very healthy way, helping us take the necessary steps toward building capacity and better alignment across all areas of our business.
Success for this position and the Company is ultimately grounded in delivering successful projects for our clients. A successful project is defined by the following five essential criteria:
1. Safety – Injury free work environments
2. Timeliness – Meeting or exceeding customer deadlines
3. Execution – Efficient and effective startups
4. Quality – Built according to specifications (or better)
5. Profitability – At or under budget
The Project Engineer is an experienced engineer who is capable of performing all engineering functions with minimal supervision, including layout, fabrication drawings, installation drawings and calculations for our conveyor system projects. The project engineer may be assigned specific deliverables for which he is responsible including Issued for Review drawings, Issued for Construction drawings, Pre-start-up deliverables, As-Builts, and supporting calculations.
The Project Engineer will be expected to develop conveyor systems drawings that are on-time, accurate, and on budget. Although working under the leadership of a Senior Engineer/Designer, the Project Engineer is expected to manage large parts of the project on his/her own, while coordinating his/her work with the rest of the team and their supervisor. In some cases, the engineer may be responsible for a small project from concept stage, and will take the lead in layout and developing fabrication and installation drawings. Some Project Engineers may elect to focus on the technical track in lieu of a managerial track. These engineers will be expected to have mastery of customer specifications and standards, system integration and calculations in support of conveyor design. They are to be a resource for the company in solving complex or unusual technical challenges during the design stage.
Specific Responsibilities1. Perform engineering duties associated with the design, fabrication, and installation of conveyor systems.
2. Ensure that the engineering output for a project (drawings and supporting calculations) meet applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
3. Develop calculations and integration associated with conveyor designs.
4. Develop a detailed knowledge of our customer’s standards and specifications for conveyor design.
5. Develop a detailed knowledge of typical codes and standards associated with conveyor fabrication and installation.
6. When assigned as an engineering project lead, develop and communicate to the project team a detailed schedule of engineering tasks for his/her assigned project.
7. When assigned, track and report on the progress of his/her assigned project to the Director of Engineering.
8. Write technical reports, handbooks, and bulletins for use by staff and customers.
9. When assigned, manage his/her team to deliver quality drawings that are functional for installation and fabrication.
10. Uphold the policies and procedures of DCI.
11. Any other tasks required by the business.
Education, Skills and ExperienceBachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
3 years minimum experience in design and development of engineered systems with focus on material handling.
Proficiency in the following software:
AutoCad (3D experience preferred) Microsoft Office
FEA analysis software, such as RISA 3D, is a plus
Must work well in a team setting, be able to multitask, and be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines Strong interpersonal skills with a heart to serve
Critical QualitiesA commitment to grow and mature in the mission, vision, and core values of the Company. A friendly, professional, optimistic demeanor.
Composure under pressure, flexibility.
Position InformationFull-Time position; salary with benefits
Work Schedule: 45 hours per week minimum, which may include evenings and weekends
The home office is in Memphis, Tennessee
Occasional travel (less than 25%) is required
To ApplyPlease email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A position-specific cover letter that includes where you learned of this position and describes what motivates or impacts your interest in this position