Revenue Cycle (Medical Billing/Coding/Collections) Working Manager
Mid-South Pain Treatment Center
- Hands-On Manager that oversees the Patient Services and Collection staff in handling all patient relations.
- To develop, plan, direct, organize, coordinate, perform and implement current and overall functions of medical coding, denials, adjustments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow and manage the overall health of the company’s receivables.
- Manage the day-to-day activities/operations of all client collections and operations as they relate to revenue cycle functions which include, but are not limited to, collections, accounts receivables and financial planning for our patients.
- Planning- Develops strategic plans and programs for the Revenue Cycle team and ensures that goals and objectives of the team are properly defined and clearly established.
- Organizing - Designs and develops the appropriate organizational structure for the Revenue Cycle team. Delineates, defines, and streamlines its various functional activities, thereby ensure its effectiveness in maximizing the utilization of both asset and people resources.
- Controlling - Develops and formulates performance measures and standards for the team, as basis for the conduct of annual performance management review program. Reviews and evaluates the performance of the team, on regular and periodic basis, and ensures that the overall performance of the team is on track, and well within the pre-established goals and objectives.
- Monitors aged accounts and verifies appropriate collections procedures are being followed. Manages revenue cycle projects at the practice level, such as audits and budgets.
- Regularly provides CEO and Controller with revenue cycle status including reports, metrics, and presentations. Develops, monitors and assesses business metrics in order to refine processes and improve efficiencies. Establishes internal goals and identifies external benchmarks.
- Resolves escalated reimbursement issues with payers and practices for optimal management of accounts receivable. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change; paves the way for needed changes; manages implementation effectively. Steps forward to address difficult issues and takes ownership.
- Develops, implements, and maintains revenue cycle policies and procedures. May develop training materials and facilitate staff training of policies, procedures, systems, metrics, government regulations, etc.
- Manages and oversees the patient services and billing staff in handling patient relations.
- Designs and develops the appropriate organizational structure for the Revenue Cycle team.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume with cover letter and Salary requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections in some combination of a medical practice or hospital system, with an understanding of pain management.
- Strong background in medical billing and coding rules and regulations, and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare, pain management. With thorough understanding of medical billing/coding/collections with regards to commercial third party, federal and state payers.
- Prior experience with an electronic medical record (EMR) system required with working knowledge of CPT, ICD 9-10 codes, denials, claims, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeals processes, HIPAA and others as required.
- Work and deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple challenges within the scope of the position.
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; make prompt and accurate judgements regarding AR, Adjustments, Denials, Claims and all other revenue cycle duties.
- Bachelor's degree preferred,
- Management / Supervisory: 5 years
- Billing and Coding: 3 years
- 2 years as a Certified Coder